There are plenty of options around for Home Automation but I believe none are as simple and affordable as the Z-Wave system.
Have a look at these short videos to show you some of the things that a Z-Wave Home Automation system can do for you!
10 Things to Know About Z-Wave Home Control
- Easy to install to new or existing homes.
- As it uses wireless technology it does not require any new control wiring!
- Any product that states it’s “Z-Wave compatible” is exactly that! It will work with any other “Z-Wave compatible” device – regardless of the brand
- Affordable – get started with minimum investment and easily add, change or move products as you want
- Proven – Over ten years in the market and already 20 million products in homes worldwide
- Reliable – Uses the latest wireless “mesh” technology for proven reliability
- Secure – Uses the same encryption as online banking
- Lots of choices – Over 1000 products available worldwide* with different brands, styles, price points, colors, etc
- Some of the biggest brand names use Z-Wave (see here for a full list of members for the Z-Wave Alliance: http://www.z-wavealliance.org/member_companies)
- 9 out of 10 leading security companies use Z-Wave
Get connected to your home and loved ones
Z-Wave puts the power of home control and monitoring in the palm of your hand… literally. With your smart phone, tablet or PC you can control and access your Z-Wave devices at home. This means you get
- Peace of mind knowing your home is secure — no matter where you are
- More money in your pocket by saving energy easily — with no sacrifice
- Convenience like you’ve never known — one button to “shut down” your home when you leave
- Security knowing you’ll receive an alert if there is any trouble at home — water, fire, alarm, door/window sensors
Z-Wave is a wireless technology that makes regular household products, like lights, door locks and thermostats “smart”. Z-Wave products “talk” to each other wirelessly and securely and can be accessed and controlled on your phone, tablet or PC.
By using a Z-Wave gateway you can connect to the things inside your house whether you’re at home or on the other side of the world. Currently there are over 1000 different Z-Wave products* that all work together so you can choose the products that are right for your home.
Z-Wave on the Go
Use your smart phone
Keep an eye on things, control your energy or simply let people in your house even when you are away.
Your smart phone connects you to your home and gives you peace of mind that everything is ok, even when you’re far away.
- Turn on the heat when you’re heading home
- Receive an alert if something goes wrong
- Control who goes in and out of your house
- “Shut down” your home when you leave
Z-Wave at Home
Control it all
When you’re at home you can use your tablet or smart phone to control your environment.
Create scenes so with the touch of a button you can create “movie night” or “go to bed”. You can choose which Z-Wave products you want to control.
- Make a “wake up” scene that warms the house, turns on a few lights and starts your coffee
- Enjoy movie night with the family with just the right amount of light
- Use your tablet as a bed side companion to help feel safe
Z-Wave at Work
Connect from anywhere
Using your computer you can receive instant message alerts from your home.
It’s great to stay connected with your loved ones and keep an eye on the house while at work.
- Receive message alerts when your kids come home
- Turn the heat off when you know you have to work late
- Give the illusion someone is home by controlling the lights, shades and television
*Not all products are available in Australia. Note that Australia and New Zealand use 921.42 MHz compared to 868.42 MHz SRD Band in Europe and 908.42 MHz in the United States. Always make sure your product is AU/NZ Compatible!
The above information has been obtained from the Z-Wave website. See http://www.z-wave.com/what_is_z-wave for more information